Last Revised: 1 October, 2020
These Terms of Service ("Terms") govern your access to and use of our website www.cherre.com (the "Website"),
and any other related content, features, content, materials, applications, widgets and/or online services
(collectively the "Services") offered by Cherre, Inc. ("Cherre" or "we" or "us"). Please read these Terms
carefully, as they include important information about your legal rights. By accessing and/or using the
Services, you are agreeing to these Terms. If you do not understand or agree to these Terms, please do not
use the Services.
For purposes of these Terms, "Licensee," "you" and "your"
means you as the user of the Services. If you use the Services on behalf of a company or other entity then
"you" includes you and that entity, and you represent and warrant that (a) you are an authorized
representative of the entity with the authority to bind the entity to these Terms, and (b) you agree to
these Terms on the entity's behalf.
note that Section 8 contains an arbitration clause and class action waiver. By agreeing to these Terms, you
agree (a) to resolve all disputes with us through binding individual arbitration, which means that you waive
any right to have those disputes decided by a judge or jury, and (b) that you waive your right to
participate in class actions, class arbitrations, or representative actions. You have the right to opt-out
of arbitration as explained in Section 8.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHO MAY USE THE SERVICES
- You must be 18 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of
its territories to use the Services. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you
meet these requirements.
- USER ACCOUNTS, SUBSCRIPTIONS AND FREE TRIALS
- Creating and Safeguarding your Account. To register an account on and use the Services,
you may need to create an account ("Account"). You agree to provide us with
accurate, complete and updated information for your Account. Certain features of the Services
will only be made available to you if you are using the Services as a paying subscriber or as a
professional real-estate agent, broker, firm, or real estate service provider (and you must
indicate the appropriate description upon requesting access to the Service). Cherre reserves the
right to request evidence of your identity and account information prior to permitting such
functionalities to be provided through the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Cherre may
determine your eligibility to create an account on the Service in its sole discretion. You are
solely responsible for any activity on your Account and for maintaining the confidentiality and
security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with
your Account. You must immediately notify us at support@Cherre.com if you know or have any
reason to suspect that your Account or password have been stolen, misappropriated or otherwise
compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account.
- Free Trials. You can sign up for a trial Account for the paid portion of the Services and
your trial period starts on the day you create the trial Account and lasts for the duration
indicated on your free trial confirmation email (or if not specified, then ninety (90) days). If
you are on a trial, you may cancel at any time until the last day of your trial by contacting
Cherre. If you cancel your trial or your trial term expires, you acknowledge and agree that we
may delete all of your content or data associated with your trial and, if you have not entered
into a paid subscription for the Services, we may also delete all of your content or data
associated with your Account.
- Paid Subscriptions. If you would like to upgrade to a paid subscription of the Services,
you must enter into a written agreement with Cherre. To do so, please contact Cherre directly.
us when you use the Services. For an explanation of our privacy practices, please visit our
- RIGHTS WE GRANT YOU
- License Grant. Subject to your compliance with these Terms, the Company hereby grants to
you the right to access and use the Services in the manner permitted by these Terms and subject
to the use restrictions described below or as otherwise set forth in an applicable order or
agreement. Your access and use of the Services may be interrupted from time to time for any of
several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating,
maintenance or repair of the Service or other actions that Company, in its sole discretion, may
elect to take.
- Restrictions On Your Use of the Services. You may not do any of the following, unless
applicable laws or regulations prohibit these restrictions or you have our written permission to
- download, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate,
publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information
contained on, or obtained from or through, the Services;
- duplicate, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or decode the Services (including
any underlying idea or algorithm), or attempt to do any of the same;
- use, reproduce or remove any copyright, trademark, service mark, trade name, slogan,
logo, image, or other proprietary notation displayed on or through the Services;
- use automation software (bots), hacks, modifications (mods) or any other unauthorized
third-party software designed to modify the Services;
- exploit the Services for any commercial purpose, including without limitation
communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation;
- access or use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, disrupt
or impair the Services or interfere with any other party's access to or use of the
Services or use any device, software or routine that causes the same;
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt the Services,
accounts registered to other users, or the computer systems or networks connected to the
- circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade or thwart any technological measure or
content protections of the Services;
- use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries
that intercepts, "mines," scrapes or otherwise accesses the Services to monitor,
extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Services, or engage in
any manual process to do the same;
- introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other materials that are
malicious or technologically harmful into our systems;
- use the Services for illegal, harassing, unethical, or disruptive purposes;
- violate any applicable law or regulation in connection with your access to or use of the
- access or use the Services in any way not expressly permitted by these Terms.
- OWNERSHIP AND CONTENT
- Ownership of the Services. The Services, including their "look and feel" (e.g., text,
graphics, images, logos), proprietary content, information and other materials, are protected
under copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You agree that the Company
and/or its licensors own all right, title and interest in and to the Services (including any and
all intellectual property rights therein) and you agree not to take any action(s) inconsistent
with such ownership interests. We and our licensors reserve all rights in connection with the
Services and its, including, without limitation, the exclusive right to create derivative works.
- Ownership of Trademarks. The Company's name, the Company's logo and all related names,
logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its
affiliates or licensors. Other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans that
appear on the Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be
affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by us.
- Ownership of Feedback. We welcome feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to
the Services ("Feedback"). You acknowledge and expressly agree that any
contribution of Feedback does not and will not give or grant you any right, title or interest in
the Services or in any such Feedback. All Feedback becomes the sole and exclusive property of
the Company, and the Company may use and disclose Feedback in any manner and for any purpose
whatsoever without further notice or compensation to you and without retention by you of any
proprietary or other right or claim. You hereby assign to the Company any and all right, title
and interest (including, but not limited to, any patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark,
show-how, know-how, moral rights and any and all other intellectual property right) that you may
have in and to any and all Feedback.
- Notice of Infringement – DMCA Policy
If you believe that any text, graphics, photos, audio, videos or other materials or works
uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services have been copied in a way that constitutes
copyright infringement, you may submit a notification to our copyright agent in accordance with
17 USC 512(c) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the "DMCA"), by
providing the following information in writing:
- identification of the copyrighted work that is claimed to be infringed;
- identification of the allegedly infringing material that is requested to be removed,
including a description of where it is located on the Service;
- information for our copyright agent to contact you, such as an address, telephone number
and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the identified, allegedly infringing
use is not authorized by the copyright owners, its agent or the law;
- a statement that the information above is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that
you are the copyright owner or the authorized person to act on behalf of the copyright
- the physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the
owner of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent by mail
to: Cherre, Inc., Attn: Copyright Agent, 575 8th Avenue, Floor 20, New York, NY 10018; or by
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is our policy, in appropriate circumstances and at our
discretion, to disable or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe copyrights
or intellectual property rights of others.
A user of the Services who has uploaded or posted materials identified as infringing as
described above may supply a counter-notification pursuant to sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the
DMCA. When we receive a counter-notification, we may reinstate the posts or material in
question, in our sole discretion. To file a counter-notification with us, you must provide a
written communication (by fax or regular mail or by email) that sets forth all of the items
required by sections 512(g)(2) and (3) of the DMCA. Please note that you will be liable for
damages if you materially misrepresent that content or an activity is not infringing the
copyrights of others.
- THIRD PARTY SERVICES AND MATERIALS
- Use of Third Party Materials in the Services. Certain Services may display, include or
make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third
Party Materials") or provide links to certain third party websites. By using the Services, you
acknowledge and agree that the Company is not responsible for examining or evaluating the
content, accuracy, completeness, availability, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance,
legality, decency, quality or any other aspect of such Third Party Materials or websites. We do
not warrant or endorse and do not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to
you or any other person for any third-party services, Third Party Materials or third-party
websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third parties. Third Party
Materials and links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience to you.
- DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION
- Disclaimers. Your access to and use of the Services are at your own risk. You understand
and agree that the Services are provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. Without
limiting the foregoing, to the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, the Company, its
parents, affiliates, related companies, officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives,
partners and licensors (the "the Company Entities") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS,
WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR
NON-INFRINGEMENT. The Company Entities make no warranty or representation and disclaim all
responsibility and liability for: (a) the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness,
security or reliability of the Services; (b) any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or
other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services; (c) the operation or
compatibility with any other application or any particular system or device; (d) whether the
Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure or error-free
basis; and (e) the deletion of, or the failure to store or transmit, all data and other
communications maintained by the Services. No advice or information, whether oral or written,
obtained from the Company Entities or through the Services, will create any warranty or
representation not expressly made herein.
- Limitations of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT
WILL THE COMPANY ENTITIES BE LIABLE (A) FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT,
SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, BUSINESS
INTERRUPTION OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OR INABILITY
TO USE THE SERVICES), HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER UNDER THESE
TERMS OR OTHERWISE ARISING IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS AND WHETHER
IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) EVEN IF THE COMPANY
ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, OR (B) FOR ANY OTHER CLAIM, DEMAND
OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR THE
DELIVERY, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SERVICES. SOME JURISDICTIONS (SUCH AS THE STATE OF NEW
JERSEY) DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE
ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THE COMPANY ENTITIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU
FOR ANY DAMAGES FINALLY AWARDED SHALL NOT EXCEED FIFTY DOLLARS ($50.00). THE FOREGOING
LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY EVEN IF THE ABOVE STATED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- Indemnification. By entering into these Terms and accessing or using the Services, you
agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the Company Entities harmless from and against
any and all claims, costs, damages, losses, liabilities and expenses (including attorneys' fees
and costs) incurred by the Company Entities arising out of or in connection with: (a) your
violation or breach of any term of these Terms or any applicable law or regulation; (b) your
violation of any rights of any third party; (c) your access to or use of the Services; or (d)
your negligence or wilful misconduct.
- ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
- Informal Process First. You agree that, in the event of any dispute between you and the
Company Entities, you will first contact the Company in writing and make a good faith sustained
effort to resolve the dispute before resorting to more formal means of resolution, including
without limitation, any arbitration or court action.
- Arbitration Agreement and Class Action Waiver.
- If the dispute remains unresolved thirty (30) days after you first contact the Company
in writing under Section 8.1, any remaining dispute, controversy, or claim
(collectively, "Claim") relating in any way to your purchase or use of the Products,
will be resolved by arbitration, including threshold questions of arbitrability of the
Claim. You and the Company agree that any Claim will be settled by final and binding
arbitration, using the English language, administered by JAMS under its Comprehensive
Arbitration Rules and Procedures (the "JAMS Rules") then in effect (those rules are
deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section, and as of the date of these
Terms). The JAMS Rules and the JAMS Consumer Arbitration Minimum Standards, the latter
effective July 15, 2009, are available at https://www.jamsadr.com.
- Arbitration will be handled by a sole, neutral arbitrator in accordance with the
JAMS Rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court that has
jurisdiction. Any arbitration under these Terms will take place on an individual
basis – class, consolidated or representative arbitrations and class, consolidated
or representative actions are not permitted. You understand that by agreeing to
these Terms, you and the Company are each waiving the right to trial by jury or to
participate in a class, consolidated or representative action or class, consolidated
or representative arbitration. Court review of an arbitration award is limited. The
arbitrator, however, can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as
a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief, or statutory
damages). Notwithstanding the foregoing, you and the Company will have the
right to bring an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other
equitable or conservatory relief, pending a final decision by the arbitrator. You may
instead assert your claim in "small claims" court, but only if your claim qualifies,
your claim remains in such court and your claim remains on an individual,
non-representative and non-class basis.
- The place of arbitration will be New York, New York, but if you prefer a hearing in or
closer to your hometown area, you and the Company will confer in good faith in order to
identify a reasonable alternative location.
- Each of the Parties shall cooperate in good faith in the discovery or exchange of
nonprivileged information relevant to the dispute as necessary in accordance with the
- The arbitrator's award will consist of a written statement stating the disposition of
each claim, and the award will also provide a concise written statement of the essential
findings and conclusions on which the award is based.
- You and the Company shall maintain the confidential nature of the arbitration proceeding
and the award, including the hearing, except as may be necessary to prepare for or
conduct the arbitration hearing on the merits, or except as may be necessary in
connection with a court application for a preliminary remedy, a judicial challenge to an
award or its enforcement or unless otherwise required by law or judicial decision.
- Costs of Arbitration. Payment for any and all reasonable JAMS filing, administrative and
arbitrator fees will be in accordance with the JAMS Rules and the JAMS Consumer Arbitration
Minimum Standards. If the value of your claim does not exceed $10,000, the Company will pay for
the reasonable filing, administrative and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration,
unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought was
frivolous or brought for an improper purpose.
- Opt-Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration
provisions set forth in these Terms by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to
email@example.com or to the mailing address listed in the "How to Contact Us" section of
these Terms. The notice must be sent to the Company within thirty (30) days of your purchase
of the Products or agreeing to these Terms, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate
disputes in accordance with these Terms. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, the
Company also will not be bound by them.
- ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS
- Updating These Terms. We may modify these Terms from time to time in which case we will
update the "Last Revised" date at the top of these Terms. If we make changes that are material,
we will use reasonable efforts to attempt to notify you, such as by e-mail and/or by placing a
prominent notice on the first page of the Website. However, it is your sole responsibility to
review these Terms from time to time to view any such changes. The updated Terms will be
effective as of the time of posting, or such later date as may be specified in the updated
Terms. Your continued access or use of the Services after the modifications have become
effective will be deemed your acceptance of the modified Terms.
- Termination of License and Your Account. If you breach any of the provisions of these
Terms, all licenses granted by the Company will terminate automatically. Additionally, the
Company may suspend, disable, or delete your Account and/or the Services (or any part of the
foregoing) with or without notice, for any or no reason. If the Company deletes your Account for
any suspected breach of these Terms by you, you are prohibited from re-registering for the
Services under a different name. All sections which by their nature should survive the
termination of these Terms shall continue in full force and effect subsequent to and
notwithstanding any termination of this Agreement by the Company or you. Termination will not
limit any of the Company's other rights or remedies at law or in equity.
- Injunctive Relief. You agree that a breach of these Terms will cause irreparable injury
to the Company for which monetary damages would not be an adequate remedy and the Company shall
be entitled to equitable relief in addition to any remedies it may have hereunder or at law
without a bond, other security or proof of damages.
- California Residents. If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code
§ 1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer
Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625
North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Export Laws. You agree that you will not export or re-export, directly or indirectly, the
Services and/or other information or materials provided by the Company hereunder, to any country
for which the United States or any other relevant jurisdiction requires any export license or
other governmental approval at the time of export without first obtaining such license or
approval. In particular, but without limitation, the Services may not be exported or re-exported
(a) into any U.S. embargoed countries or any country that has been designated by the U.S.
Government as a "terrorist supporting" country, or (b) to anyone listed on any U.S. Government
list of prohibited or restricted parties, including the U.S. Treasury Department's list of
Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Department of Commerce Denied Person's List or Entity
List. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are not located in any such
country or on any such list. You are responsible for and hereby agree to comply at your sole
expense with all applicable United States export laws and regulations.
- Miscellaneous. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason
unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not
affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms and the licenses
granted hereunder may be assigned by the Company but may not be assigned by you without the
prior express written consent of the Company. No waiver by either party of any breach or default
hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The
section headings used herein are for reference only and shall not be read to have any legal
effect. The Services are operated by us in the United States. Those who choose to access the
Services from locations outside the United States do so at their own initiative and are
responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. These Terms are governed by the laws of
the State of New York, without regard to conflict of laws rules, and the proper venue for any
disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the arbitration venue set forth
in Section 8, or if arbitration does not apply, then the state and federal courts located in New
York New York.
- How to Contact Us. You may contact us regarding the Services or these Terms at: 575 8th
Avenue, New York, NY 10018, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
The CoreExplore platform, and related services incorporate the PIPL API, which consists of the
services described in the technical documentation of the service available at
By accessing the CoreExplore platform, in addition to any terms provided in the applicable Order Form between
Licensee and Cherre, you, the Licensee, agrees also to be bound by the terms and condition located at:
https://pipl.com/product-tos ("TOS") and the terms below.
You represents and warrants that:
- Licensee, and its activities or related services do not and will not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party and will otherwise comply with all applicable laws.
- Licensee, and its end-user is a U.S. entity or that the person searched in the Services is a U.S. person
- Licensee further represents and warrants that it will not, and will instruct its customers and end-users, as applicable, to use the information made available by the Services to determine a consumer's eligibility for (a) credit or insurance for personal, family or household purposes, (b) employment or (c) a government license or benefit or (d) any other purpose governed by the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and
- Neither Licensee, nor its customers, will use the data retrieved from the Services to target and/or offer your goods/services to data subjects from the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom.
- Licensee shall not submit to Cherre and/or PIPL any (sensitive) data that is protected under a special legislation and requires a unique treatment, including, without limitations, (i) categories of data enumerated in Article 9(1) of the GDPR, or any similar legislation or regulation in other jurisdiction; (ii) any protected health information subject to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as amended and supplemented, or any similar legislation in other jurisdiction; and (iii) credit, debit or other payment card data subject to PCI DSS or any other credit card schemes
- If Licensee is required to comply with the GDPR or other Data Protection Laws, please see the following Data Protection Addendum as seen here: https://pipl.com/gdpr/dpa/ that is incorporated herein.
- Cache. If Licensee uses PIPL's API-related Services under any applicable Order Form with Cherre, for the term of the applicable Order Form only, Licensee may store data returned by the API for future use ("Cached Data"). Upon termination for the applicable agreement or Order Form, if Licensee was authorized to cache the API data, Licensee shall immediately delete any and all copies of this Cached Data in its entirety and otherwise cease use of Cached Data.
Contact Enrichment - For Contact Enrichment use, in addition to Sections 1-4 above, the following clauses shall apply:
- Notwithstanding 2.1.1 of the TOS, You shall have the right to use, display and redistribute the data provided by the API via Your Solution. For the sake of clarity, "Solution" shall only mean: data retrieved from PIPL's API provided within Your "human-facing" application, extensions/ add-ons or desktop site (i.e., not provided API to API). You are permitted to download or otherwise export up to 5,000 matches in aggregate per customer, per year. PIPL reserves the right to terminate the agreement or otherwise suspend Your access to the Services if, in its sole discretion, PIPL believes there to be abuse of downloading/exporting by Your customers.
Notwithstanding section 8.3 of the TOS, upon the termination without cause of the Terms of Service, the parties agree to the following:
- As between PIPL and You: the right granted herein to use the API shall terminate, and You shall delete all of PIPL's data from Your servers, and provide PIPL audit rights to verify such deletion; and
- As between You and Your customers: all applicable rights granted by Your terms of service to Your customers with respect to data provided by PIPL's API shall survive termination of these Terms of Service. For the sake of clarity, only data that Your customer has downloaded or otherwise exported as permitted under section 2.1(b), shall survive termination of these Terms of Service.
- PIPL's Permissible Use: Our services shall be used in compliance with all applicable laws
Restrictions on Use: The requirements for organizations are based on both legal & ethical principles, below are the restrictions to ensure ethical use of our service. PIPL Data shall:
- not be used for any illegal activity.
- not be used in any way that violates or infringes in any way upon individual rights, or in any way to encourage the violations or infringements of individual rights.
- not be used for sending mass unsolicited email (SPAM) or mass unsolicited phone calls (robocalling).
- not be used for entrapment.
- only be used by organizations that are headquartered in or governed in the USA.
- not be used by organizations who refuse to disclose how they use the service or that we do not trust their attestations on how the service is being used.
- not be used in political campaigns or by politically motivated organizations.